Thursday, February 23, 2012

33

Tonight is the eve of our 33rd wedding anniversary!  2-24-79...seems like so long ago.  We have been through so much in the last 33 years.  I must admit, it has not been without trials and challenges...but we keep coming out on top.

We have been blessed with two amazing children.  We did something right that's for sure.  They are both successful and happily married to amazing spouses ~ Holly and Matt are fast approaching three years and Jon and Stephanie ~ just hit their 1 month anniversary.

We face many challenges - Mauro and I are always separated by 3000 + miles - we spend many weeks apart but we persevere.  We are reconnecting!  Many people don't understand why our lives are like they are, but we do what we have to do.  People don't always admit to themselves that not all is a bed of roses...I think being able to admit that allows us to change that.

So, this weekend we are again together in Cali, if even for a few days before he heads out to Latin America again, but we are making the time for a together trip. I'm excited!!

I just couldn't resist sharing a couple of then and now pics...

Then....
The Newlyweds 2-24-79
Now...

1-21-12
I think we look pretty dang good!!
Happy Anniversary Honey..here's to another 33!
I love you.
xo

1 comment:

  1. So sweet!! Happy 33rd to you both...and I agree, you both still look as cute as you did the day you got hitched!

    ReplyDelete