Monday, July 11, 2011

Their Biggest Fan.....

That's me!  I got lucky this past week because I got to see both of my kids perform on stage..one on the East Coast and one on the West Coast.  There is no bigger fan around than their momma!  I flew to NJ/NYC to see Holly and Vissi Dance Theater perform at the Henry Street Settlement~Abrons Arts Center for their Spring/Summer Season show.  It never gets old...watching Holly on stage is so amazing. Check them out:  www.vissidancetheater.com
Holly flying
Holly and Ariel
Holly and Ariel
Then last Thursday Mauro and I went to see Jon and his band...Citizen Trust...perform at the Detroit Bar in Costa Mesa.  It's hard being the mother of the drummer because he is always in the back and I just can't see him quite as well as I would like.  I would much prefer him being front and center on a nice big platform but they just won't do that for me-go figure :)  Ever since Jon started playing the drums, I find myself hearing the drums in a song and not the other instruments.  I love watching the drummer in a band...especially Jonathan.  He is so talented, he just picked it up one day and off he went.  That's kinda how Jon does things, spur of the moment and with such passion!
Jon and Ryan
Last song of the night.

Needless to say, I had a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment